Sonntag, 12. Juli 2015

Joey Cape: Neues Album kommt Anfang September





Am 4. September wird Joey Cape sein neues Album "Stitch Puppy" veröffentlichen. Die Scheibe wird bei Fat Wreck erscheinen, zum Titel und Inhalt kommentiert der Lagwagon-Frontmann:

I’m excited to be announcing the release of my new solo album Stitch Puppy. It’s been almost 5 years since the last solo full length was released so it feels long overdue. Stitch Puppy was inspired by a doll my daughter made me a few years back. It’s a sort of Victorian mourning doll. Stitch is my most prized possession. Put it this way, if my house were to burn down, after my family and the animals,

...



Stitch would be top priority. My idea to wear his costume stems from years of thinking of him as some representation of purity, loss and the strength that follows. Stitch Puppy seems to be alone, which is the way it feels to mourn the loss someone you love or to be abandoned, stood up. We are all disappointed by life’s disloyalties and losses but somehow the wiser for them. We transform from victim to guide. We are witness to these things and the beauty in between. That’s it. That’s how I see Stitch Puppy. Not defeated. Simply the wise witness I aim to be.